While predicting the future is not possible, there are ways to predict the rise of certain health problems based on your current health state. Having a health diagnostic screening can be highly beneficial to people of all ages, from infancy to seniority. Occasional screenings can find problems before we know that they are present. Here are some of the many health problems that can be detected early if you choose to seek out preventive care, evaluations, radiology, and laboratory screenings for general health and wellness.
• High blood pressure can be detected with a simple blood-pressure check. If your blood pressure is high, you will be at high risk of developing future heart problems. When blood pressure is high, this is due to blockage in veins and arteries, usually fat deposits that are representative of a poor diet. A healthcare expert that finds you have high blood pressure should recommend that you make changes to your diet, especially your fat intake, and to your daily exercise routine. Without a simple health check, more severe symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, chest pain, or even a heart attack would likely send you to see a doctor.
• Allergies can be detected with simple allergy screenings. A healthcare professional can determine which substances, if any, are likely to irritate you internally or externally. This can prevent allergy attacks from exposure to allergens.
• High cholesterol can be detected with a simple blood test. High cholesterol is usually associated with a diet high in red meat and other fatty foods. With high cholesterol, people of all ages are at risk for heart complications and various other serious health concerns.
• Diabetes is usually not diagnosed by means of regular health screenings, but laboratory tests can detect high blood sugar and other signs that indicate you could be at risk of developing diabetes.
• HPV, a common cause of cervical cancer, can be detected in women by means of regular pap smears. Other female reproductive problems can also be detected.
• HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases need to be detected as soon as possible to prevent further spread of these serious conditions. HIV is currently not curable and leads to numerous health issues. Every person, regardless of sexual orientation, is at risk for HIV and other STDs if they are sexually active, even with just one person. Treatment will be needed as soon as possible for any STDs a person has contracted. Many STDs are contagious before an individual even shows symptoms of the disease.
• Colon cancer can be detected by means of colorectal cancer screenings. Cysts and other unusual masses can also be detected through this important examination.
• Obesity is a condition that can lead to several health problems. Many people who are aware that they are overweight may not be aware of just how far above a normal, healthy weight they are. A preventive health screening can clarify where you stand in the range between being severely underweight and morbidly obese.
• Breast cancer can be detected by means of mammograms and also breast exams, which can detect lumps or other malformities in the breast. Both males and females can develop breast cancer.
• Testicular and prostate cancers can be detected with simple health screenings. During the exams, lumps may be detected. This is especially important because men will not likely show symptoms of either cancer until they are very sick, an unfortunate truth that applies to virtually every type of cancer. Prostate cancer is difficult to self-examine for, and many men are not in the habit of checking themselves for testicular lumps.
For these and many other possible health conditions, it is important to be examined during a health diagnostic screening. Save yourself the trouble of becoming seriously ill by checking for potential health conditions and concerns in advance.